I saw this interesting meme here and thought I should do it just for he heck of it. Here are the rules:
Look up your birthday in Wikipedia. Pick 4 events, 3 births, 2 deaths, and 1 holiday.
The resuls (for October 6th):
- 1600–Jacopi Peri’s Euridice, the earliest surviving opera, premieres in Florence, signifying the beginning of the Baroque Period.
- 1889–Thomas Eddison shows his first motion picture.
- 1987–Fiji becomes a republic.
- 1995–51 Pegasi was discovered to be the first major star apart from the Sun to have a planet (and extrasolar planet) orbiting around it.
- 1289–King Wenceslaus III of Bohemia
- 1773–King Louis-Phillipe of France
- 1950–David Brin (yay!)
- 1542–Thomas Wyatt, English Poet
- 1989–Bette Davis, American Actress
- U.S. – German-American Day observed since 1987
I got somewhat screwed on the holidays, but there were some interesting Births and Deaths and what not.
So, anyone who wants to do this is more than welcome to. I’m sure someone has a better birthday than I do.