Alright, I know I’ve been talking a lot about stuff that isn’t really genre related (stuff about me, stuff about shopping, stuff about whatever), so, this will be the last post about ‘me’ type stuff for a while. I am working on a huge list of links I’ve acquired over the last few weeks of stuff that might interest you guys. So here goes the last bit of stuff about ‘me’:
- I’ve added a post that I placed so it is way in the bottom that is basically information about what I will review and the like. The link is on the left over there at the top, or go here. Basically I wanted to be very clear about what I want to review so publishers or authors or even editors know and perhaps will contact me. I like doing reviews!
- I have three interviews coming up (I’ve been yapping about them for forever). Dana Copithorne emailed me to let me know she got caught up in some school stuff and that she’s working on things, but I also have submitted questions to Dave A. Law who was one of the editors of The Complete Guide to Writing Science Fiction Volume One, and also to Jennifer Rahn who wrote The Longevity Thesis. Hopefully I’ll have those interviews this month. *crosses fingers*
- I’m going to be starting The Spellweaver of Dern this month at some point. Expect the first chapter by the end of the month. I’m thinking of the best way to start the story right now. I know what’s going to happen in the first quarter, I just don’t know where would be the best place to start–right at the end of the WISB or after some time has lapsed.
- School starts next Tuesday! I’m somewhat excited and bummed at the same time. I didn’t know that enrollment was open until seven days after, so all the courses I had originally wanted to take were full, and then I discovered too late that there are actually two courses that are on science fiction and I don’t think I can take them because they may not apply to my literature degree, which irritates me. I’m going to talk with a counselor at the university and see if there’s something I can work out with them or with the professors. If there’s some way I could make it apply, whether that be doing extra work or whatever, then I want to do it because both classes sound really interesting. It just figures there are few lit courses on the subject.
- I have to start thinking about graduate school because I may be getting my BA in December 2008. I am looking for a program that will allow me to study science fiction and/or fantasy literature. If anyone knows of one here in the states or in Canada or the UK, please let me know and give me a link. I’m willing to go out of country for my MA or PhD. The problem is finding the programs, which seem to be eluding my Google searches. I know they exist, but where?
- Christmas turned out okay after it had happened. I got some nice stuff. Yes, I know, Christmas isn’t about presents, but sometimes you just get some good stuff. Most of my actual gifts occurred after the date when I spent my Christmas money. What did I get? I have pictures to show it!First, I got two pairs of pants and two funny shirts. You should be able to read the shirts okay I think.
I also got some books and some movies. The great thing about places like Dimple’s is that you can get movies for dirt cheap (3 or 4 bucks for new movies). The only new movie in the lot is my guilty pleasure–Jackass. The books are awesome too! Oh, and there’s a CD in there that turned out to be pretty decent. I need to listen to it again though.
- Christmas surely had some downsides to it. My power went out Christmas night. That wouldn’t be a really big problem except that I was going to make a video for my girlfriend and also all my animals happen to require power to keep them warm (I keep lizards). So it was sort of crap. There were some problems the following day too, but things are somewhat sorted.
I think that’s sufficient junk about me! Back to discussions and links and other such goodness about speculative fiction!