So I hit that wall we call writer’s block. Yeah, it happens. Especially when you’re killing yourself over a ridiculous deadline you’ve got no one to blame for but yourself. But the other night I went mad and wrote 34 pages of Troglodyte Rose! How insane is that? That means draft 1 is pretty much finished, and just needs to be typed up. I can’t wait!
About the Author: Shaun Duke
Shaun Duke is an aspiring writer, a reviewer, and an academic. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Digital Rhetoric and Writing at Bemidji State University. He received his PhD in English from the University of Florida and studies science fiction, postcolonialism, digital fan cultures, and digital rhetoric.
- Open Road Media and Genre-Bending Novels (and a Book Sale)
- Week of Joy (Day Six): Heart of Fire by J. Damask (A Mini Interview)
- 2012 Nebula Awards Winners (w/ Brief Thoughts)
- Hugo Awards Finalists (Plus Preliminary Commentary)
- Zoo City by Lauren Beukes Sells Film Rights